University of Maine, Orono, ME
Ph.D, Electrical Engineering (01/2011 – Date)
Research area: the Smart Grid
Expected graduation date December 2014
Moscow Power Engineering Institute (Technical University), Moscow, Russia
MS, Electrical Engineering (2008 – 2010)
Thesis title: Compensator of Unbalanced Currents in Three-Phase Networks
BS, Electrical Engineering (2004 – 2008)
Electrical Engineering: Application, design and modeling of power electronic devices, design of electromagnetic devices, load determination and design of low voltage networks.
Applications of Neural Networks and Fuzzy Systems in the Smart Grid
Computer: PSLF, MATLAB, MathCAD, AutoCAD, PSpice, Jump, QBasic, CoDeSys, Pascal.
Research Assistant, Maine Smart Grid Laboratory, University of Maine, Orono, ME (01/2011-present)
· Development of algorithm(s) for dynamic stability analysis
· Development of Neural Network algorithms and applications in Power Systems load flow and observability analyses, and state estimation
Teaching Assistant, ECE Department, University of Maine, Orono, ME (01/2011 – 05/2011)
· Grading of assignments for Electric Power Systems
Electrical Engineer Intern, Maintenance Division, Semorok M, Moscow, Russia (09/2008 – 10/2008)
· Diagnose faults in electronic controls of heavy-duty machinery
Laboratory Assistant, Moscow Power Engineering Institute (Technical University), Moscow, Russia (06/2006 – 07/2006)
· Set up laboratories in Electrical and Electronic Apparatus Department for lab works
· Guide students in the completion of lab assignments
· Student member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
· Collegiate member, National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
· Chairman, International Students Union, Moscow Power Engineering Institute (Technical University), Russia (2009 – 2010)
· Secretary-General, Association of Nigerian Scholarship Students in Russia (2009 – 2010)
· Nigeria – Russia Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarship Award, tenable in Russia (2003–2010)
· General Vice-Chairman, International Students Union, Moscow Power Engineering Institute (Technical University), Russia (2008 – 2009)
· Office of the Vice-Rector on International Relations, Moscow Power Engineering Institute (Technical University), Russia Outstanding Leadership Award (2009 & 2010)
· The Ascent of Excellence Merit Award, Federal Government Academy (The Gifted Children’s College), Suleja, Niger State, Nigeria (2000)
· Federal Government of Nigeria Secondary School Scholarship Award (1995 – 2000)
· The University of Lagos, Nigeria Alumni Junior Secondary School Scholarship Award (1994)
· Merit Award from the National Mathematical Centre, Abuja, Nigeria (1994)
· Onwuachumba A. S., Rozanov Y. K. “Microcontroller-based Control of Current Unbalance Compensator,” Radio Electronics, Electrical and Power Engineering: XVI International Scientific & Technical Conference of UG and PG Students, Vol. 2. Moscow Power Engineering Institute Publishing House, Moscow, Russia, 2010. Page(s):109 – 110. ISBN 978-5-383-00489-0. Presented on February 26 2010.
· Onwuachumba A. S., Rozanov Y. K. “Compensation of Current Unbalance in Three-Phase Networks,” Herald of the Electrical Engineering Department For Students’ Scientific Work. – Donetsk National Technical University, Donetsk, Ukraine, 2009. Page(s):117 – 119.
· English: fluency in speaking and writing
· Russian: fluency in speaking and writing
· Igbo: fluency in speaking and writing; native language.